You’ve made a wise decision and made the Internet safer for everyone.
Not only have you secured your website, but you have removed one more site that could be exploited by bad actors. Don’t think for a minute that the black hats are only after the big sites that bring in a lot of money. Any vulnerable site can be put to their use and pose a danger to other websites and their visitors.
Here’s what will happen now:
- We will be in touch to get an administrator login to your site. If you can create a new login for us, that’s great. If not, we can use yours to log in and create our own unique login.
- We will install several plugins on your site for backups, monitoring of updates and security monitoring. Needless to say, we recommend not to deactivate or delete these plugins!
- Ideally, you should have your own Amazon S3 account for storing your backups. We can use ours, but having your own gives you control of your backups if for some reason we can’t be reached.
- We will provide instructions for creating your Amazon Web Services account.
- We will scan your site for malware and put in place security measures to help prevent future problems.
- We will set up your backups and perform an initial backup of the site.
- We will monitor your site and perform any updates required going forward.
- We will alert you to any issues that require your input. Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions at any time.
Thanks, again, for your business and we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship!